Embracing the Present Moment: The Divine Will Unveiled

Life often feels like a whirlwind, pulling us in every direction as we strive for meaning and purpose. Yet, in the midst of our chaotic lives, there lies a profound truth: God makes His will known through the present moment. This revelation has transformed my understanding of faith and surrender, guiding me toward a deeper relationship with God.

The Present Moment as God’s Ambassador

Imagine standing by a serene river, the water flowing steadily. Each drop carries with it the essence of the present moment, a divine gift that allows us to encounter God anew. Just as the river is an ambassador of life, each moment in our lives is a declaration of God’s will. It beckons us to listen, to respond with our “fiat,” just as Mary did when she accepted her divine calling.

In my daily routine of homeschooling five children, I often find myself swept away by the demands of the moment. Yet, when I pause and take a breath, I realize that these moments are not distractions but divine appointments. Each giggle, every question, and even the chaos of a messy kitchen are opportunities to embrace God’s presence. It reminds me that in the busyness, His will is revealed through the simple joys of everyday life.



The Richness of Every Moment

In this pursuit of understanding, I’ve learned that nothing is insignificant in the eyes of God. The tasks that seem trivial, like folding laundry or cooking dinner, are infused with purpose. They become acts of love and service, allowing me to flow from my center to my goal—sanctity. I’ve discovered that embracing the present moment is not about making choices between prayer and work, silence and chatter, or solitude and community. Instead, it’s about recognizing that God’s will is woven into the very fabric of our daily lives.

Finding Abundance in Abandonment

The wisdom of Jean-Pierre de Caussade resonates deeply with me: “If all that happens to a soul abandoned to God is all that is necessary for it, then we can understand that nothing can be wanting to it.” This notion challenges me to let go of my constant striving and to trust that everything I need for spiritual growth is already present. I recall a time when I faced overwhelming anxiety about finances and family responsibilities. In that moment of surrender, I felt a profound peace wash over me, reminding me that God was in control.


A Call to Holiness in All Things

In the words of de Caussade, “To hallow the name of God is to recognize His sanctity in all things and to love and adore Him in them.” This call invites us to see God’s hand in everything—from the beauty of nature to the trials we endure. It’s a reminder that each moment holds the potential for grace and sanctity.

When we recognize the divine presence in our lives, our perspective shifts. We can bless God in our joys and our sorrows, much like Job did in his desolation. His unwavering faith teaches us that even in the darkest hours, God’s will remains holy and good.

Conclusion: Nourished by the Present

As I reflect on this truth, I feel compelled to encourage you, dear reader. Embrace the present moment with open arms. See it as a divine banquet filled with nourishment for your soul. Trust that every experience, whether joyful or painful, is an invitation to deepen your relationship with God.

In my journey, I have learned that when we allow God to reign in our hearts and abandon ourselves to His will, we find not only peace but a profound sense of purpose. The present moment is not to be dismissed; it is a sanctuary where we can meet God, and it is here that we find the sustenance we need for our souls.

Let us walk together in faith, trusting that every moment is a step closer to His Kingdom, a kingdom that is alive and vibrant in our daily lives.

Comments