Embracing Perfection Through Faithful Cooperation with God’s Will



In our quest for spiritual perfection, we often seek to understand the grand designs of God, hoping that deep knowledge will bring us closer to holiness. However, true perfection is not found in the complexity of theological theories or elaborate explanations. Instead, it lies in our faithful cooperation with God’s will and his work within our souls.

From my personal experience, I've come to realize that perfection is less about grasping the intricacies of divine plans and more about simply following God’s will. I remember a time when I was deeply engrossed in understanding every nuance of spiritual teachings, thinking that this knowledge would somehow make me more holy. But as I continued to reflect on my journey, I discovered that the essence of sanctity lay in my daily actions and acceptance of God’s will, no matter how ordinary they seemed.

Perfection is about cooperating with God’s work in us. Just as a sick person regains health by taking medicine, regardless of their understanding of it, our souls are sanctified by embracing and doing God's will, even when we don’t fully comprehend it. For instance, in my daily life, managing household responsibilities and nurturing my children often felt like mundane tasks. However, I found that these simple acts, done with love and faith, were actually the foundation of my spiritual growth.

The key is to set aside our intellectual curiosity and focus on the simplicity of doing what God asks of us. Accepting and embracing what happens at each moment with a heart open to divine guidance allows us to grow in holiness. Just as fire gives out heat without needing to explain its process, God’s work in us sanctifies us through our faithful actions and acceptance.

In this journey, let’s strive to focus less on understanding and more on living in accordance with God’s will, finding joy and fulfillment in the everyday moments that contribute to our spiritual perfection.

Comments